Vision Statement

I envision literature created by Nepalese writers residing in Australia, whether composed originally in English or translated into English, being prominently published, showcased, and readily accessible in Australian libraries and bookstores, standing alongside the works of mainstream authors. Every effort and action I undertake for literature is dedicated to realizing this vision.

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Nepali Writer and Literature in Australia- My Vision, Plan and Action: Journal 17

16 August - 15 September: Personal Journal 17

Welcome to the seventeenth edition of my monthly journal, dedicated to showcasing and promoting Australia-based Nepali literature and writers, in alignment with my vision. I warmly invite you to join me on this journey and contribute your invaluable insights to enrich our collective learning and initiatives.


Meeting with Jenisha Gautam - Saturday, 27 August 2024


I have met Jenisha Gautam casually at several community events but haven’t had enough time to talk and share our respective visions for promoting arts, culture, and literature in Australia. Fortunately, I met her at the 2024 Blacktown Multicultural Award Event at The Colebee, Doonside, NSW, where we exchanged our ideas and initiatives. I was pleased to learn that she is involved in many projects and is releasing a song 'Biratako Desh' that she composed, wrote, and sang herself.

We also discussed the possibility of collaborating on a joint program or event for children in the future. My best wishes to the versatile artist Jenisha for her upcoming music, performances, and events.


Colossal Love: My Life’s Journey - Launch Event - Saturday, 31 August 2024

I would like to congratulate Ram Prasad Koirala on launching his book Colossal Love: My Life’s Journey today at his residence in Bella Vista, Sydney.


It has been exactly a year since I met him at Om Dhungel’s home during a small gathering. I was fascinated by his storytelling, which has now been published as a book. Later, we met at 2by4 CafĂ© on the morning of Saturday, September 30, 2023, where he handed me a few copies of his book Meri Uni ra Ma to read and donate to local libraries. At the same time, he mentioned his plans to publish the English version of the book.


It was truly a pleasure to witness his determination and persistence in getting his memoir, dedicated to his beloved grandmother and mother, translated and revised from Meri Uni Ra Ma (2022) for English readers. During the event, his daughters Archana and Aparna expressed their happiness and gratitude. Other speakers, Yadav Dhungel and Bhagwat Khanal, shared insights into the life journey of the author, Ram P. Koirala, his experience of life without his mother, and the love, care, and influence of his grandmother on his personal and professional life.


The program was emceed by Bijaya Ram Baidhya, who also contributed as the book’s editor. My best wishes to Ram Prasad Koirala for his vision of promoting and launching this English version in multiple countries in honor of his mother, grandmother, and UNICEF.

Highlighting Nepali Authors in Australia through Book Introductions - Friday, 30 August 2024

Continuing my initiative to showcase Nepali heritage writers and their literature in Australia, this month I introduced Prembasti (English translation: Love Colony), a collection of poems by Sydney-based Nepali author Shweta Mainali. Please welcome it as warmly as previous book introductions.

Thank you to The DMN News for providing space on their online platform. Please check the link below for the book introduction and remember to share it on your Facebook or other social media platforms.

Crafting a Love Colony: The Poetic World of Shweta Mainali - The DMN News | Breaking News, Live Updates, Analysis from Nepal The DMN News | Breaking News, Live Updates, Analysis from Nepal


Project 2024 Update - August-September 2024

I would like to thank Jiva Nath Lamsal for facilitating another online session for the project and providing constructive feedback on three stories during the session on 21 August.


I and Sanu Ghimire met with Michael Campbell and Ally Burnham at WestWord on Monday, 2 September, to discuss project updates and future planning. I also ran another session on Understanding and Use of Conflict in Story Writing on Saturday, 7 September 2024.

Reflecting on this month, I met with Jenisha Gautam and discussed potential collaborations on future cultural programs. I was also inspired by Ram Prasad Koirala and his dedication to sharing his life story, which honors his mother and grandmother. His persistence in publishing both the Nepali and English versions of his book Colossal Love: My Life’s Journey is truly commendable. Additionally, I introduced Prembasti by Shweta Mainali, a collection of poems, as part of my ongoing commitment to showcasing Nepali authors based in Australia. I also facilitated project sessions, including one focused on story writing.

It’s been a productive period of community engagement and literary promotion. Thank you to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nepali Writer and Literature in Australia- My Vision, Plan and Action: Journal 17

16 August - 15 September: Personal Journal 17 Welcome to the seventeenth edition of my monthly journal, dedicated to showcasing and promotin...